IGNITE Intern Program (Interns Growing Networking and Innovating through Transformational Experiences)
Each summer, we hire college students because we believe in fresh ideas. These are not paper pushing, copy making internships. We offer our interns real work experience with opportunities to interact with multiple departments and leaders throughout the Credit Union. We foster a team atmosphere by having our interns work together on projects, volunteer in the community, and participate in social events and educational sessions with team members at various levels of the company.
Our program is based on creating a future path for students who have an interest in the financial services industry. Due to that, for higher performing interns, the program can serve as a stepping stone to full-time career opportunities upon graduation. Interns have converted to full-time hires in multiple business areas including Technology, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, and Finance & Accounting.
For any questions, please email the HR team at [email protected].
Qualifications to Apply:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Currently attending an accredited college or university
- Rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors working toward a Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field
- Ability to work full time hours for the summer (40 hours/week, generally 8am-5pm Monday-Friday)
Internship Recruiting Process:
- Submit online application through CCU's careers portal
- Human Resources interview
- Department Manager interview
- Selected intern candidates will be subject to a background check
- Offers are generally extended January-March
- Program runs from mid-May through mid-August
Every year the CCU interns are tasked with a project. At the end of the summer, they present their work to their department and the senior management team.
The IGNITE Program offers many beneficial opportunities to interns. Previous intern cohorts have volunteered at Feed My Starving Children and Adopt A Highway as a community service experience and to enrich their teamwork skills. They have also participated in several networking events and educational meetings with the purpose of connecting interns with experienced business professionals.