Children grow up in a flash. Yesterday, they were learning to count pennies. Today, they're preparing for more serious responsibilities. At Consumers Credit Union, we know parents want to teach their children financial independence but also need to maintain some control over spending habits.
That's why we've created the Student Choice CheckingTM account for members 13 to 17 years old with the following features:
- Debit card with $310 daily limit
- No overdrafts allowed
- No checks included
- FREE electronic statements and online banking
- Mobile banking
- Access to over 1,800 Shared Branch Networks and nearly 30,000 surcharge FREE ATMs
- ATM fee reimbursement up to $25 per month
- May apply for a VISA credit card*
- Get Paid a day early with Early Direct Deposit**
The Student Choice CheckingTM accounts are subject to the following provisions:
- A parent or legal guardian must be a joint account holder who is responsible and liable for all account activity.
- The ATM fee reimbursement of $25 a month occurs until students reach their 18th birthday.
- Students are required to either convert the youth checking account to a Free Rewards Checking account before their 19th birthday or pay a $10 monthly fee to maintain the youth account.
Instill positive financial habits that can last a lifetime.
*Qualification for Student Choice CheckingTM requires a parent or guardian as a Joint Owner on the account, who must agree to be legally responsible for all account activity. If approved, the Student's name will appear on her/his own VISA Debit Card. For more information please call 877.ASK.CCCU (877.275.2228).
**Early Direct Deposit: Early fund access depends upon your employer sending us a notification of the paycheck ahead of the scheduled deposit date. For this reason we cannot guarantee early deposits in all cases.