Tips for Going into 2020
For many, it is the first days back to work after some days off. With all of the holiday bustle coming to a close, settling back into everyday life can be hard. While everyone has been thinking about their New Year’s resolutions all December, there are some things that can be overlooked going into a new year. Check out these tips to start 2020 off right.
- When writing the date on anything you are signing, including checks, forms and contracts, be sure to write out the full year to avoid any alterations to the end of the date.
- Refinance your student loans. Refinancing can help you to lower your interest rate, pay off your loans quicker or have lower monthly payments.1 Once you have established that you make on time monthly payments, it is easier to refinance with a different lender to change your loan terms.
- File your taxes early. The earlier you file, the earlier you receive your refund. You can typically start filing early February so start thinking about your tax filing process now.
- Start saving for next holiday season to avoid end-of-year stress. Consumers offers a Holiday Club Savings account that allows you to save money throughout the year that is automatically transferred to your Share Savings account on November 1.
- Don’t watch all of your television channels? Consider joining a streaming service. Many streaming services offer the same shows as cable but at a cheaper cost.
Above all, remember to have fun in 2020. Take some time for yourself and your personal goals and aspirations. Remember that Consumers is here and we want to help you achieve your financial goals this year.