Consumers Credit Union's (CCU's) Privacy Statement
CCU recognizes the importance of protecting your personal information. Therefore, we have put together a privacy statement and approach that respects and addresses your needs. We reserve the right to change this Statement from time to time. To familiarize yourself with these changes, please, check this Statement periodically so you are comfortable & understand the changes.
Website Digital Privacy Statement
This privacy statement sets out how Consumers Credit Union uses and protects any information that you give us when you use this website.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we request or you provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. You can access Consumers Credit Union's privacy protections of your personal information in the Privacy Disclosure (PDF).
Consumers Credit Union may change the Website Digital Privacy Statement from time to time by updating this page. Please check this page if you're looking for details concerning our current Website Digital Privacy Statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as postal code, age, gender, and preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We may use this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record-keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may provide your information to our third party partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
- We will never sell your information.
- We will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from Display Advertising features that are based on the DoubleClick cookie unless we have robust notice of, and the user's prior affirmative (i.e., opt-in) consent to, that merger.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering an remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to member needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes and serve more relevant ad experiences across the web, based on previous visits to our website.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which ones you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer; however, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest, easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Analytics, Display Advertising and Interest-Based Advertising Disclosure
Consumers Credit Union implements the following Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising:
Re-marketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest reporting. We utilize these services to serve more relevant ad experiences across the web based on previous visits to our website.
- We may use Re-marketing with Google Analytics to advertise online, which means third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet.
- Consumers Credit Union and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the AdWords & DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to our website.
- Consumers Credit Union and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as a DoubleClick cookie) together to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visit to our site.
- We use data from Google's interest-basted advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics to serve more relevant ad experiences across the web, based on previous visits to our website.
- Using the Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
Facebook Re-marketing and Custom Audiences
You can opt-out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting. To do so, go to www.aboutads.info/choices and set your data collection and ad preferences.
We reserve the right to change this Website's Digital Privacy Statement, and you agree it is your responsibility to check this Website Digital Privacy Statement periodically for any changes.