Earn up to 5.09% APY with Free Rewards Checking
Rate GUARANTEED 'til March 31, 2015!
Tired of "bait and switch" teaser rates from big banks? Try Consumer Credit Union's Free Rewards Checking account, an interest bearing checking account that pays up to 5.09% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on balances up to $10,000! This is one of the highest interest rates you'll find for checking accounts in Lake County, Illinois, or nationwide.
And don't worry about paying ATM fees* or any administrative fees. We charge no fees and we refund fees from other banks' ATMs when you meet your Rewards Checking requirements.
To earn the wonderful interest rate, CCU only asks that you help us operate more efficiently by banking in ways that likely are already familiar to you.
- Recap of the rate tiers for this high interest checking account:
To earn the 3.09% APY*, and ATM refunds complete the following requirements:
- Complete at least 12 Debit/Check Card point-of-sale purchases (transactions must be made without using your personal identification number (PIN) to count toward the minimum of 12 and must post and clear your account on or before the last day of the calendar month)
- Each calendar month, one direct deposit OR one ACH debit OR pay one bill when using Consumers Credit Union's free online bill payment system must post and clear your account on or before the last day of the calendar month
- Access Online Banking at least once each calendar month
- Receive eDocuments (enroll and accept the disclosure)
To earn 4.09% APY*, and ATM refunds perform the following each qualifying cycle:
- Simply meet the requirements to earn 3.09% APY . . . then add:
- Complete 12 CCU VISA Credit Card purchase transactions, NO MINIMUM purchase requirement.
To earn 5.09% APY*, and ATM refunds perform the following each qualifying cycle:
- Simply meet the requirements to earn 3.09% APY . . . and
- Spend $1000 or more in CCU VISA purchase transactions, regardless of the number of purchases
Check out these other great benefits from Free Rewards Checking:
- 5.09% APY Guaranteed 'til 3.31.2015
- No ATM fees- CCU will reimburse all ATM and surcharge fees
- Free VISA Debit Card*
- Free mobile banking
- Free online banking and bill payment
- Free eDocuments
- Unlimited check-writing privileges
- Access to over 1,800 Shared Branch Networks and nearly 30,000 surcharge FREE ATMs
- Qualified Members receive Overdraft Privilege, a helpful resource that covers your overdrawn checks and provides you peace of mind you should expect from an attentive credit union (fees apply)
So let the convenience of Free Rewards Checking benefit you. It's part of our commitment to helping you achieve your financial potential.
What happens if I don't meet the four requirements listed above?
You will still enjoy free checking with free Online Banking and free Online Bill Payment. You won't earn ATM refunds, but CCU will pay 0.01% APY* dividend (interest) in such cases! With Free Rewards Checking, you get the benefits of free checking with an interest bearing checking account.
Who can take advantage of Free Rewards Checking?
Anyone – even if you already have another checking account with CCU! New Members, existing Members, friends and family are all welcome to join and enroll in Free Rewards Checking!
With Free Rewards Checking, you can't lose! Apply online and open your account today.
View the terms and conditions to learn more.
Rewards Checking. The Rewards Checking account is a Tiered Rate account. If your Daily Balance is $10,000.00 or below AND you meet all of the all basic service requirements during the calendar month, the applicable Tier 1 Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield listed for this account in the Rate Schedule will apply. The basic service requirements include: a) you make twelve (12) PINless card transactions (any transaction that does not require a PIN) that post to and clear your Reward Checking account; b) you access Online Banking at least once; c) you receive e-Documents (must have enrolled and accepted the disclosure; and d) you have a direct deposit or ACH debit (including Bill Payment) post to and clear your Reward Checking account. You will earn the Tier 1-A Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Rate on balances of $10,000.00 or less if you meet the basic service requirements and have $1,000 in credit card purchase transactions during the period beginning on the 28th day of the prior calendar month and ending on the 27th day of the current calendar month. You will earn the Tier 1-B Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Rate on balances of $10,000.00 or less if you meet the basic service requirements and have 12 credit card purchase transactions during the period beginning on the 28th day of the prior calendar month and ending on the 27th day of the current calendar month. You will earn the Tier 1-C Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Rate on balances of $10,000.00 or less if you meet the basic service requirements but do not meet either of the credit card transaction criteria required to earn a higher rate. The Tier 2 Dividend Rate and range of Annual Percentage Yields listed for this account will apply to balances of $10,000.01 to $24,999.99 if you meet all of the basic service requirements. The Tier 3 Dividend Rate and range of Annual Percentage Yields listed for this account will apply to balances of $25,000.00 or greater if you meet all of the basic service requirements. The rates applicable to Tiers 1, 2 and 3 will apply only to that portion of the account balance within each balance range. When you meet all of the basic service requirements for the calendar month, ATM fees incurred during the month will be refunded to you.
If you fail to meet any of the basic service requirements during a calendar month, you will earn 0.01% Annual Percentage Yield for this account and your ATM fees will NOT be refunded.
One Rewards Checking account is allowed per member. Business accounts are not eligible for rewards. Qualifying credit card transactions must be made using a Consumers Credit Union-issued card. Credit Card cash advances and balance transfers do not count towards credit card purchases.