Consumers Cooperative Association, which serves as the sponsor for Membership at Consumers Credit Union, is accepting nominations for Members to run for its Board of Directors. Members interested in applying to serve on the CCA Board should send a statement of intent via e‐mail to [email protected] or by mail to:
Consumers Cooperative Association
Attention: Nominating Committee
1075 Tri‐State Pkwy Suite #850
Gurnee, IL 60031‐1811
Candidates must include their name, address, and both daytime and evening phone numbers to be considered. Candidates must be a Consumers or Andigo Credit Union Member for at least one year on or before the date of the election to be eligible. The deadline for applying is 5:00 pm on Friday, January 22, 2021.The election is scheduled to be held at the Member owned Credit Union’s Annual Meeting on March 10, 2021. Board meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month. Those elected to the Board will serve a 3‐year term. For more information about Consumers Cooperative Association, please contact [email protected].
The purpose of the Consumers Cooperative Association (not for profit Corporation) shall include:
- To provide sponsorship for Consumers Cooperative Credit Union, including all of the Credit Union’s Service Centers, to support the Credit Union’s efforts to provide financial services and increase the financial wellbeing of its Members.
- To promote and encourage the development of consumer cooperative activities which include without limitation educational, social, and cultural efforts that address the financial needs of the Corporation’s Members.
- To promote charitable and educational goals as the same relate to the endeavors the Corporation shall elect to undertake. The Board of Directors of the Corporation shall be charged with the accomplishment of these goals and is authorized and directed to engage in such consumer cooperative activities, charitable activities and educational activities as they deem, to be consistent with the purpose of the Corporation, which activities may include, but shall not be limited to the following:
- The establishment of scholarship and fellowship programs and similar grants for the purpose of promoting the study or research of subjects relevant to the advancement of the betterment of the Members of the Corporation and the betterment of individuals, communities and organizations supported by the Corporation.
- The establishment and operation of such seminars, courses of instruction, forums, panels, and programs for instruction or education, lectures or other similar programs as may be necessary and provident for the carrying out of the purposes of the Corporation. The Corporation will engage Members in furtherance of its goals to assist members in the enhancement of their financial knowledge and awareness of the benefits of being Members of the Corporation.