New Member FAQ's
7-10 business days.
- On the right side, click on the blue “Register” link under Online Banking Log-In.
- You will be asked to accept the online banking disclosure.
- You will then be asked to enter your account number (this is your Member number), social security number, email address, home phone, and date of birth. Click submit.
- Next, you will create a User ID (must be at least 6 characters long and cannot be your member number or account number) and a password (must be at least 8 characters long with a combination of letters and numbers).
- You will then be able to see your accounts online moving forward.
- Log into online banking using the User ID and password you created.
- Click on the “Services” tab (upper right).
- Click on the sub-tab “e-Documents” on the left side.
- Enter your email address in the first box and it will pre-fill the other boxes for you.
- The middle of the page will ask you to enter the verification number listed.
- Lastly, you will be asked to check the box on the lower left side and register for electronic documents.
- You will need to set up direct deposit through your employer. Your employer will need Consumer’s routing number and your full account number.
- Our routing number is 271989950.
- Your account number was sent to you in a separate email upon account opening.You may also obtain this information in online banking under the “View Accounts” tab.
- Give both of these numbers to your employer to initiate direct deposit.
- Generally takes 1-2 pay periods for implementation.
The first check order must be placed by a Consumer’s employee and there is a cost. Please call 1-877-275-2228 to place an order. After the first order is placed, you may order replacement checks via your online banking. We also offer free online bill payment, accessible via online banking.
Yes. All deposit accounts are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
Banks operate to generate profits for their stockholders or private owners. Credit unions are not-for-profit financial cooperatives, owned and operated by the Members. Credit union profits are returned to their Member-owners in the form of higher deposit rates, lower loan rates, and no or low cost services. Banks are federally insured by FDIC; credit unions are federally insured by NCUA.
The $5 membership fee is required to become a member of the Association. Consumers Cooperative Association was organized in 1970 and serves as the "Common Bond" for Membership at Consumers Credit Union. The Association provides Membership benefits such as financial education, scholarship opportunities, and discounts for local services.
$5 is held in your regular Savings Account (Share 00) as your initial share deposit and signifies your ownership of the Credit Union ($5 = 1 share). Since Consumer Credit Union is a not-for-profit organization, we are owned by our Members. If the account is closed in the future, the Member receives the $5 back.
As a new Member, there are several ways to access your account while waiting for your debit card to arrive. Beyond traditional Service Center access, Consumer’s offers online, mobile, and text banking, telephone teller, shared branching, and eXpress Shot (mobile check deposit).
Shared branching is a service offered by CCU allowing Members to use other participating credit union locations to make deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, or transfers. These locations can be found on our website: https://www.myconsumers.org/about-us/locations-hours. Simply type in your zip code to search for locations.
CCU is proud to offer our no-cost mobile check deposit product- eXpressShot! eXpressShot provides the convenience of depositing checks via your home office or mobile phone. Just capture an image of the check, submit it using CCU's secure system and “voila” you made a deposit! To apply for this service, please call our Contact Center at 877-275-2228. CCU’s Mobile App is available for both iPhone and Android users.
*All eXpressShot users must qualify for the service. Deposits are subject to CCU Funds Availability Policy. All items are reviewed before posting. Deposits made during non-business hours will be posted on the next available business day. Members must be enrolled in eDocuments and have accepted the eDocuments disclosure. Consumers Credit Union reserves the right to review credit history as part of the qualification process for eXpressShot.
Text Banking is an easy, fast and secure way of banking while using your phone's texting capabilities. With Text Banking, you can check balances and view recent account transactions on the go!
You can enroll in Text Banking via Online Banking or via the CCU Mobile App. Once logged into Online Banking or our Mobile App, go to Manage Profile and find the User Profile tab to select Text Banking. You will need a mobile phone with texting capabilities. Standard messaging and data rates may apply. CCU's Text Banking number is 29137.
Your initial deposit is available within 5-7 business days. As a new account, all checks deposited into the Credit Union will be held for 5-7 business days. After you have maintained your account for 30 days, check holds will be at the discretion of the Credit Union.
To earn the 3.09% APY on balances up to $10,000 and ATM refunds complete the following requirements:
- Complete at least 12 Debit/Check Card point-of-sale purchases totaling $100 or more each month.
- Direct deposits or ACH credits totaling $500 or more must post to your account monthly.
- Receive eDocuments (enroll and accept the disclosure)
To earn 4.09% APY on balances up to $10,000 and ATM refunds perform the following each qualifying cycle:
- Simply meet the requirements to earn 3.09% APY . . . then add:
- $500 CCU Visa Credit Card purchases, no minimum number of transactions
To earn 5.09% APY on balances up to $10,000 and ATM refunds perform the following each qualifying cycle:
- Simply meet the requirements to earn 3.09% APY . . . and
- Spend $1000 or more in CCU VISA credit card purchase transactions, regardless of the number of purchases
- Free VISA Debit Card
- Free mobile banking
- Free online banking and bill payment
- Free e-Documents
- Unlimited check-writing privileges
- Access to over 1,800 Shared Branch Networks and nearly 30,000 surcharge FREE ATMs
- Qualified Members receive Overdraft Privilege, a helpful resource that covers your overdrawn checks (fees apply)
The Last Day of each month.
Have More Questions?
Please feel free to contact us here:
Thank you again for being a Member of
Consumers Credit Union!