Support and Resources
Our Members and employees are at the center of everything we do. We know that many of you are navigating unprecedented challenges and we’re here to help. We are closely monitoring the Covid-19 situation and working across CCU to do all we can to keep our employees and Members healthy and manage our operations. As new developments emerge, we’ll keep updating the information here.
Service Centers & Drive Ups
- Limited lobby services available by appointment only. Drive up services remain open
- ATMs with Live Teller Assistance
- Nationwide Shared Branching
Service Centers & Drive Ups
To keep our employees and Members safe, limited lobby services are available by appointment only. Our drive-ups remain open.
- Drive-up services are available in Gurnee, Mundelein, North Waukegan, Round Lake Beach, Volo and Waukegan 8am - 6pm Monday – Friday, 8am - 2pm Saturday.
- New Video Teller ATMs at the Kildeer, Mundelein, Northbrook, and Round Lake Beach locations also allow you to transact teller-line services with a remote teller via video connection.
- 24/7 ATMs are available at all CCU locations1.
Shared Branching Update
You may have issues conducting shared branching transactions at other credit unions due to lobby and/or full office closures. Please call ahead prior to visiting other credit union shared branching locations to confirm service availability and hours. These updates may not be readily available via the shared branching site. Learn more and find shared branching locations.
We’ve partnered with Andigo Credit Union to ensure that both our Members and their Members can utilize each credit union's drive ups to transact as if they are at their home credit union during these challenging times. Andigo Credit Union has locations in Schaumburg, Streamwood and Carol Stream, Illinois.
Other Ways to Get Cash
You have access to our network of 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide. Take advantage of "cash back" options at merchants when using your CCU debit card for purchases.
Take advantage of "cash back" options at merchants when using your CCU debit card for purchases.
|Transaction||Mobile Check Deposit||CCU ATM||Non-CCU ATM||Drive Up|
1Palatine IL ATM location is cash withdrawal only. This ATM does not accept deposits. Please utilize the night drop as it will be checked at least twice per day.
2Visit https://co-opcreditunions.org/locator, select “Advanced Search” and filter results off at least “ATM and Take Deposit” plus any other criteria you’d prefer. Input your Zip Code or Address and City to find the nearest deposit taking ATM to you.
Digital Tools for Faster Service
If you are not currently using our website online banking or mobile app, we encourage you to register now so you can manage your account 24/7 from virtually anywhere.
- Register for Consumers Online Banking and then download the mobile app
- Here, you'll be able to:
- Access your account - see transactions and balances
- Bill Pay - credit card, loans, and other bills
- Transfer funds - move money between accounts
- Deposit a check - with Mobile Check deposit
- Message us securely - send us a question about your account
- If you do not have CCU Online Banking access, learn about the other ways you can make a payment to CCU.
Download the App
CARES Act Stimulus Funding
On March 27, 2020, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act was signed. This law will provide $2 trillion of economic aid to those impacted by COVID-19. As your Credit Union, we are always looking out for your well-being. We want to make sure you are fully aware of the financial relief that may be available to you during this difficult time.
Economic Impact Funding/Stimulus Checks
Eligible taxpayers who have filed a 2019 or 2018 tax return will automatically be sent a stimulus payment. If you have not filed your return for 2019, the IRS will use your 2018 tax return to calculate your payment.
The stimulus payment will be direct deposited into the same bank account reflected on the return you filed. If you did not provide your bank account information, a check will be mailed. To check the status of your stimulus payment and determine whether the IRS needs more information from you, visit their website. Note, CCU has no control of when you will receive your stimulus payment from the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Please be on alert for fraudulent scams involving the CARES Act or a stimulus payment, and be careful not to provide personal information via text, email or phone.
If you need to deposit a stimulus check, or any other check remotely, you can do so conveniently and securely with Remote Capture. Watch this video for more information on using this Online Banking feature.
Check out these additional resources:
Check on the status of your stimulus payment from the IRS Website.
View FAQs provided by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Access future press release information from the US Department of The Treasury website.
Rewards Checking Changes
We have implemented changes to the qualification requirements for the Rewards Checking account. These changes will be effective immediately and will continue after May 1. All other current qualifications for each reward tier remain.
Debit Card Minimum Spend Amount - We have eliminated the $100 minimum monthly spend in purchase transactions to qualify for the Tier C rate and rewards.
Monthly Deposit Requirement - Mobile check (remote) deposits now count toward reaching the minimum $500 monthly deposit requirement to qualify for the Tier C rate and rewards. Deposit types now include direct deposit, ACH credits, and mobile check deposits.
In addition to the immediate changes above, we are introducing one more Rewards Checking qualification adjustment to help our Members during this difficult time. During the months of April and May, we will be reducing the number of debit card transactions required from 12 to 6. Please note, this is a temporary easing of qualification requirements. The debit card purchase transaction qualification will return to 12 purchase transactions beginning June 1.
Smart Saver Changes
Changes have been implemented to simplify qualification requirements for the Smart Saver account. These changes are effective immediately and will be applied beginning with the month of April.
The direct deposit or ACH credit of at least $500 per month to a CCU Checking will be expanded to include mobile (remote) check deposits, helping those who may not receive regular direct deposits.
For Members needing access to funds currently deposited in a Certificate of Deposit, CCU is waiving all early withdrawal penalties through Dec. 31, 2020. The waiving of penalties also applies to Business Account Certificates and IRA Certificates. Please note, penalties waived on IRA Certificates only apply to certificate-specific early withdrawal penalties. Please consult your tax advisor for questions on IRA distributions.
Your Money is Safe
Your deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration, up to $250,000 per account. You may qualify for more than $250,000 in coverage if you own share accounts in different ownership categories. Refer to the NCUA Insurance Estimator for an estimate of your coverage.
CCU: Strong and Secure
Consumers Credit Union continues our successful track record of financial strength and stability since 1930. With over $1.4 billion in assets and strong capitalization of over 8.5%, we are extremely well-positioned to support our Members during this unprecedented economic environment. For additional information, please review our 2019 Annual Report.
CFG Financial Group
Making sense of today’s markets is more challenging than ever, and may have you questioning your short and long-term financial strategies. Our CFG Financial Advisors can help you determine what recent market events might mean for you and discuss your options.
Advisors are available to hold online or phone appointments until our service centers re-open. Learn more and begin your no-cost consultation.
Another benefit of Membership is complimentary access to counselors and educational tools by phone or online through our partnership with GreenPath™ – an industry leader in expert financial advice. They offer great articles and tips; for example, what to do if your income is reduced or what costs to cut immediately if you are facing financial hardship. Look for the Get Started button on our GreenPath page to connect to the GreenPath™ site. Once you’re on the GreenPath™ site, select the Request a Call button at the top of the page or directly call 800-550-1961.
Our Dollars & Sense Program is also available online – the program can help you jumpstart planning how to manage your money during this time and assessing the state of your personal finances.
COVID-19 Related Scams
The best defense against any type of scam is education and awareness. Please take a minute to review the helpful reminders below and keep yourself protected. It is also important to share this information with family and friends, especially those who may be targeted more heavily such as elderly family members:
- The government will not ask you to pay anything to receive funds from their anticipated stimulus plan. There will not be fees or charges associated.
- The government already has the information they need to process any payments. They will not request your social security number, bank account information, or credit card number.
- The government stimulus/payment program has not yet been implemented. If you receive any communication via email, phone or direct mail that you can receive this money now – this information is being sent to you from a scammer.
- Scammers are sending fraudulent information via various methods including SMS/text messages, robocalls,and other messaging platforms prompting you to click links and enter information that seems harmless such as postal zip codes. These are scams.
- Be aware of fraudulent emails claiming to be from a government organization. If you receive an email claiming to be from the WHO or CDC, don’t click on any links provided. Instead, go directly to the respective website through a separate search engine to verify information.
- Hang up on tech support calls. If you receive a call from someone claiming to be a Microsoft technician (or any technician) informing that you have a virus on your system, hang up. This is a scam.
- Do not rush to donate to charities or crowdfunding sites. Please do your homework and research charities and organizations to verify validity and never provide a donation by cash, gift card, or wire.
- Do not click on any links from sources you do not know. Clicking fraudulent links can download viruses to your computer or device.
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations. There currently are no vaccines, pills, lotions, prescriptions or over-the-counter medications or products available to treat or cure the COVID-19 virus.
To help keep your account information safe and secure during this time, make sure your contact information is up to date and set up account alerts for your savings, checking and credit card to help you keep track of your transactions.
Remember, if we need to reach out to you, we’ll NEVER ask for personal or financial information or an access code through email, text, or unsolicited calls.
Federal Trade Commission
Please visit the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) www.ftc.gov to sign up for alerts and for up-to-date information.
CCU and many of our employees have teamed up with the Northern Illinois Food Bank to do something about the hunger problem facing area residents due to job and income loss. The credit union has already donated $10,000 to the food bank, while our employees are working together to raise another $10,000 for the organization.
Local Employment Opportunities & Resources
The Illinois Lake County Workforce Development provides a helpful resource on the Lake County Job Center website, featuring local job opportunities and essential employers hiring during the coronavirus pandemic. Please visit the www.lakecountyjobcenter.com and click on the WHO's HIRING button to view featured job opportunities and to access job postings, referral services and business service assistance. The Lake County Job Center also provides resources to various opportunities throughout the state via the Illinois Job Link which provides employment resources throughout Illinois.