Consumers Cooperative Association
Consumers Cooperative Association was organized in 1970 and serves as the "Common Bond" for Membership at Consumers Credit Union.
Earn a Scholarship and Plan For Your Future!
It's never too soon to plan for your future – and that includes your education! Here's the great news: Consumers Cooperative Association will award six (6) 1,500 scholarships for the 2016 school year. Applications will be available after October 1st, 2015 at local area Lake County high schools, all six (6) Consumers Credit Union offices and online at www myconsumers.org.
Scholarship eligibility requirements:
1) Applicant or his/her parents must be a Member of CCU for minimum of one (1) year.
2) Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
The Consumers Cooperative Association is sponsoring the following for 2015:
- Mayors Math Challenge
- ZB Stingers
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q. Why does Consumers Credit Union need a Common Bond?
A. The Illinois Credit Union Act, under which Consumers Credit Union operates, requires every credit union to have a Membership Common Bond. The Consumers Cooperative Association provides an associational common bond for Consumers Credit Union. Other credit unions have other common bonds. For example, an employees' credit union has employment as the common bond. In credit unions sponsored by communities, residence is the common bond.
Q. Can anyone join the Association?
A. Yes, by filling out an application and paying the one-time Membership fee.
Q. Can I belong to the Association without belonging to Consumers Credit Union?
A. Yes. But you cannot be a Member of Consumers Credit Union unless you are a Member of the Association.
Q. Are there other advantages to joining the Association besides membership in Consumers Credit Union?
A. Yes, the Association has developed discount purchase programs which can result in substantial savings to its Members. New merchandise and services are being added regularly to the Association discount purchase program. Please see below the service organizations.
Q. What other services does the Association offer?
A. 1. Scholarship Program – The Association awards six (6) Scholarships each year to High School Senior boys and girls. Click here for the 2014-2015 application.
2. Educational Seminars – The Association periodically sponsors seminars on budgeting, the wise use of credit, investment planning, identity theft, and other topics.
Q. Who runs the Association?
A. The Members. A Membership meeting is held annually. At this meeting Members elect three Directors to serve on the Board (of nine directors). The Directors are responsible for the operation and management of the Association.
Please present your CCU Account Card when ordering service at these organizations:
- Baskin Robbins 31 Flavors – (847) 623-4476 / 926 North Green Bay Rd. Waukegan, IL. 60085. 10% discount to Members (Proof of Membership is required)
- Brittane's Designs – (847) 775-1593 / "We're more then just baskets" When you need a gift for any occasion, we have just the right gift for just the right price! Call or visit us online at www.brittanes.com. Consumers Credit Union Members receive a 10% discount on orders over $35.00. Gurnee deliveries are FREE!
- Car Tech Auto Clinic – (847) 244-4484 / Since 1979. 111 N. Edison Ct. – North of Washington; Waukegan, IL. 60085. 10% discount on all mechanical repairs – labor only. 10% discount on all non- insurance collision repairs – labor only. Pick-up and delivery.
- Deluxe Car Wash – (847) 336-4664 / 1350 N. Lewis Avenue, Waukegan, IL. 60085. $1.00 off each Full Service Car Wash; $5.00 off each Value Car Wash; 10% discount for vehicle detailing including carpet shampooing, cleaning upholstery and hand waxing.
- Merlin's 200,000 Mile Shop – (847) 662-1445 / 2108 N. Lewis Ave., Waukegan, IL. 60087. A 15% discount on all repair services at the Merlin's Shop appearing in this ad. Proof of Membership is required.
- Red Wing Shoe Store – (847) 336-1447 / 750 N. Green Bay Road – Waukegan, IL. 60085 (In the Granview Shopping Center). 10% discount on Work Shoes & Boots.
- Waukegan Tire & Supply Co. – (847) 336-0656 / 344 W. Washington, Park City and 1 N. Green Bay Road, Waukegan IL. 60085. 5% discount on tires, parts, and labor to Members.
Read our newsletter, The Association News, for additional information about the Association and its programs. Consumers Cooperative Association and Consumers Credit Union make no warranty, express or implied, with respect to products or services provided by the Service Organizations. Should any complaints arise, they should be directed to the organization providing the products or services.
Discount Services For Our Members:
All credit unions share a bond with a service-oriented organization, and their Members also need to be affiliated with that organization to join the credit union. Consumers Credit Union is part of the Consumers Cooperative Association, which you join by paying a one-time fee of $5.
Our sponsor, Consumers Cooperative Association (CCA), was established in 1970. CCA offers its members discount purchase programs to various area businesses.
Car Tech Auto Clinic
111 N. Edison Ct. - North of Washington, Waukegan
10% discount on all mechanical repairs - labor only.
10% discount on all non-insurance collision repairs - labor only.
Pick-up and delivery.
Deluxe Car Wash
1350 N. Lewis Avenue
Waukegan, IL 60085
Members may avail themselves of the following discounts by showing their credit union membership card or merely by stating they are Members of Consumers Cooperative Association or CCU.
$1 off each Full Service Car Wash
$5 off each Value Car Wash
10% discount for vehicle detailing including carpet shampooing, cleaning upholstery and hand waxing
Waukegan Tire & Supply Co.
3444 W. Washington Street,
Park City, IL 60085
5% discount on tires.
5 % discount on parts, labor for service work performed at any of our four locations: (2) two in Waukegan, (1) one in Park City and (1) one in Grayslake.
Consumers Credit Union
2750 Washington Street, Waukegan
1210 South Lake Street, Mundelein
2626 N. Route 83, Round Lake Beach
3737 North Lewis Avenue, Waukegan
4946 Grand Avenue, Gurnee
195 East Route 120, Volo
Baskin Robbins 31 Flavors
926 North Green Bay Road,
Waukegan, IL 60085
10% discount to members (Proof of membership is required)
"We're more than just baskets."
When you need a gift for any occasion we have just the right gift for just the right price! Call us at 847.367.7118 or visit us on line at www.brittanes.com CCU members receive a 10% discount on orders over $35. Gurnee deliveries are free!
Economy Mini Storage, L.L.C.
300 Old Skokie Road
Park City, IL 60085
One half month's rent credit on rentals of less than six months anticipated term. One full month's rent credit on rentals of six months or more anticipated rental term. Additional full month's rent credit upon annual extension (renewal) of lease.
Lake Shore Construction Inc. Kitchen Bath
1600 N. Milwaukee Ave., Unit 407 - Lake Villa, IL 60046
10% discount on all remodeling
10% discount on all Kraftmaid Cabinets, Cuisines Laurier Cabinets, Jay Ramob Cabinets
185 Peterson Road
Libertyville, IL 60048
10% discount on rental of tools and party equipment
Merlin's 200,000 Mile Shops
2108 N. Lewis Avenue
Waukegan, IL 60087
15%* discount on all repair services for Members who show their credit union membership card or merely by state they are members of Consumers Cooperative Association or CCU. *15% discount limited to Merlins Shop appearing in this Ad.
Redwing Shoe Store
750 N. Green Bay Road, Waukegan
(in the Granview Shopping Center)
10% discount on all work shoes & boots
Consumers Cooperative Association and Consumers Credit Union make no warranty; express or implied, with respect to products or services provided by these service organizations. Should any complaints arise, they should be directed to the organization providing the product or service.